Stats NZ have produced 2018 Census Support Resources
, which include resources for Primary and Intermediate schools in English and te reo Māori. The resources support the online census being held in in February/March.
The resources are designed to support students to:
- see the relevance of the data generated in their own lives
- talk about data and the census at school and at home.
Student activities focus on:
- understanding different people's perspectives about the census using persona cards and engaging in an exercise to convince people of the value of participating in the census
- finding out about the languages spoken in New Zealand, including Māori language schools (kura kaupapa Māori)
- comparing the world they are living in now with the world they will live in in 2038
- supporting others to do the census is online.